Welcome to River Bend Country Club! Golf Course, Driving Range, Tennis Courts, Outdoor Pool, Golf Lessons, Restaurant, Catering and Banquet Facility.
River Bend Country Club, New Bern, NC, was purchased on January 21st, 1999 by Jim Hoffman and Frank Fragale from upstate New York. Brothers-in-law James L. Hoffman Jr. (Class “A” rated Superintendent) and Frank T. Fragale (Director of Golf & Class “A” rated Superintendent)) both have sixteen years golf course management and ownership experience. They are the owners/co-managers at the Club and you will see them performing every task at the Club! They have developed a friendly atmosphere created by their close family management and are deeply involved in the activities at the Club. The ownership has made and continues to make significant capital improvements to assure the long term viability of the Country Club. Major additions include 18 new fairways and greens built to USGA specifications, a new 6000sf club house with a full service restaurant open everyday (offering all three meals), banquet facility and fully stocked pro shop.
River Bend Country Club has gone from a poorly maintained golf course to being the winner of the New Bern Sun Journal newspaper’s “Simply the Best Golf Course in New Bern” for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2013. We are extremely proud of these awards because it is our membership and public play customers who think enough of us to vote us as “Simply the Best”. The new ownership has completed over 1.6 million dollars in meaningful upgrades at the facility. A summary of major projects is:
• Added lights and range netting to the driving range.
• Rebuilt pool and replaced filtration system.
• Refinished tennis courts and added lights.
• Re-built front nine greens, sodded fairways and tee boxes.
• Paved parking lots.
• Purchased new pool furniture.
• Re-built back nine greens, sodded fairways and tee boxes.
• Installed tee sign markers on every hole.
• Installed computerized membership management system.
• Built new Club House with full service restaurant & banquet facility.
• Installed computerized Point of Sale system.
• Completed a major course drainage project that included 4 miles of drain lines that captures the water in our irrigation ponds. In 2008 we were “Cart Path Only” for a total of only 9 days!
• New cart barn built
• Erected custom built Club entrance walls
• Completely fenced in tennis courts.
• Installed divot sand re-fill stations on the course.
• New set of “Silver Tee” boxes with a USGA rating.
• New fleet of Yamaha golf carts.
• Upgraded to a satellite/computerized the course irrigation system.
• Painted exterior of Club House.
• Web site up and running.
• The purchase of two fairway mower units and a greens roller.
• New carpet in the Club house.
• Seal & re-stripe the parking lots.
• Re-furbish the tennis courts.
• Upgraded and added kitchen equipment.
• Purchased a new Toro greens deep tine aerator.
• Upgraded golf course irrigation system.
• Rebuild pool bath house.
• Landscaped pool area.
• Installed rainwater drainage/reuse system in partnership with North Carolina State University.
• Leveled cart path heavy due to tree root.
• Received a new fleet of 2012 Yamaha golf carts.
• Adopted Ben D. Quinn middle school with a First Tee Sponsorship Enlarged the #9 tee box Rebuilt 4 sand traps.
• Upgraded web site.
• Added custom horseshoe pit to Club house.
• Resealed and restriped the Club’s parking lots.
• Adopted Trent Park Elementary School as a First Tee sponsorship.